"You dont want a unicorn... it will only eat your hat"

"My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near the ocean's edge as I can go"



Monday, February 15, 2010

The Ocean


I love the ocean. I love the sound of crashing waves and the natural "high" I get when I see the sunsetting beyond them. When Im near the ocean I feel so small, and sometimes helpless. I think thats because it makes me relise how big this world is and how we are all just tiny specks trying to find our place in it all.
When I was living in Hawaii I made a promise with Ana, one of my very best friends, who lived far away to take a walk to the ocean everynight. She told me when I got there to sing or think about life, my wishes, my dreams ... wonderful, happy, sad things. She told me to pick up a seashell or a small rock and just hold it in my hands while I was thinking and before I left eachnight through it back into the ocean. Until now it was our little secret. Maybe this is why I love the ocean so much, because each night I threw my thoughts and feelings into it with hopes of every dream coming true... hoping someday everything would be alright.