"You dont want a unicorn... it will only eat your hat"

"My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near the ocean's edge as I can go"



Friday, June 11, 2010

My Quest Poem

By Carol Lynn Myers

I walk down abandoned,

quite,

hopefully lonley

city streets.

Light trickles to the ground from streetlights,

light beams are eaten by the shadows of darkness below my bear feet.

The light of the moon adds a glow of mystery

clouds elude it’s light.

I hear the sound of my footsteps and imagine myself walking away from this,

these problems,

this emptiness,

but the faster I walk the more I relies that isn’t possible.

My feet stumble onto soft sand that tickles its way between my toes.

I make my way slowly to the beaches edge,

until finally,

I reached where the ocean coresses the shore.

Waves slowly rolled in and grabbed at my toes.

The water pulsed, like an Indian drum

I felt the ocean’s heart beat bleed into my pores as it’s beat began to melt into mine.

I looked outward into the darkness then closed my eyes.

I heard the lullaby of the wind as it blew through the palm trees

smoothly,

slowly,

swooshed and slurred dancing through it’s leaves.

The sweet smell of tropical flowers is beautifully intoxicating as their sent drifts in the wind.

The sound of the ocean engulfs me into a warm and dreamy state of mind.

Suddenly rain drops began to splash down at random.

I think of then,

I think of now,

I think of them.

I love rain, it rained the day I left you know.

That happy sad day when everything seemed to be getting better but worse.

Alone in a world that didn’t know I existed, I relised at that moment how small I was.

The world could go on with out me,

I swore to myself that someday I’d do something so great and so amazing,

that it just couldn’t.

I sit down.

A shadow of someone comes from behind me.

My heart races.

I feel afraid.

The figure pauses and an older man locks his eyes with mine,

I feel as though he’s reading my soul.

His sad face and slouched figure make me sad.

I move my mouth to speak, I want to tell him something,

maybe just explain that I want always like this.

I know he wanted to say the same things, I cound see it in his eyes.

But words wouldnt form in my mouth.

He truns and keeps walking.

I follow him with my eyes and watch him lay under a park bench out of the rain,

where he makes his bed for the night.

I lean over to pick up a seashell that lays next to me,

Its surface is cool, and smooth.

I let my many emotions flow from my fingertips into its surface.

When all my feeling have excaped,

I throw it,

suspended in the air for only a moment,

only to fall in a slow like motion into the restless water.

I walk back to the empty road.

I stand there for a moment and splash into a puddle.

Bright headlights appear from a car come over the hill,

I see windshield wipers beating back and forth trying to defeat the rain.

I stick out my thumb and the car slowly pulls over to the side.

“where are you headed”

“I don’t really know, so It doesn’t matter”

“I can take you as far as Lahiana”

“alright, thankyou”

I’m off to find someplace else.